Virtual Assistants add more life to your life by "Enabling you to buy back time!"

Creating your own business, being your own boss, taking your career to where you want to go is exciting and promising. It is a great profession and was a great trip. As of December 31, 2015, I'm now RETIRED and loving it. I am free to use my admin skills - or not - when I choose, for The Turlock Pregnancy Center, the Carnegie Arts Center, and the local garden club.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Microsoft Doesn't Call



Our local paper recently did an article on internet scams. Specifically, the warning is about phone calls claiming that they are with Microsoft  and they have found that your computer has been either hacked, compromised, or had some other negative event. Most often these callers claim they can “save” you and your computer. They only need either money or your credit card number. This article advised “just say ‘No’ and hang up". Remember, Microsoft does not call anyone.

In my own experience so far, all of these callers have had very un-american accents. 

My personal reasoning is that I have not contracted with anyone to monitor my computer so am sure not going to let them have access to it. Take time to think these over. If you have an IT consultant, make contact and have them handle the problem.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting for such a valuable info regarding internet scams... Useful to everyone.. Impressive.Virtual Assistant Services

    ReplyDelete